Why Learn Healthy Recipes For Your Health Food?

Why learn healthy recipes? If you want to enjoy life to the full with natural healthy food recipes you wont' be able to rely on processed food with its thousands of toxic additives. That means that you'll have to marry a cook that likes healthy cooking, or hire a chef who will prepare only health food, or learn to cook.

Can you be sure that another cook will always use organic health food, or will they sneak processed food in behind your back? The only way to be sure of what you are eating is to cook it yourself.

That is an enormous obstacle if you have been brainwashed into believing that it takes an apprenticeship lasting several years to learn to cook.

When I was 20 I still hadn't learned to cook. It was too difficult, or so I thought. Then I got a job living alone on a farm, snowed up for much of the time, with the boss out of contact 6 miles away. I realized to my horror that I was going to have to learn to cook.

So I bought "The Reluctant Cook" by Ethelind Fearon and really enjoyed my voyage of discovery. In her introduction she says

If you are hampered at every turn by tiresome complicated recipes; an inefficient kitchen... instructions to use half a dozen different containers or operations where one would do, I don't wonder that you're reluctant.

The approach of simplifying everything suited me perfectly. In a few weeks I was cooking eggs with recipes that I made up as I went along (the 400 hens on the farm produced a couple of dozen cracked eggs per day and I tried leave as few as possible to throw out), snaring rabbits and making rabbit and pigeon pies, making cheeses (I had to pour about ten gallons of milk down the drain each day so if I could convert 5 gallons to cheese that was OK).

I remember one lemon meringue pie that I made with the whites of a dozen eggs, that foamed up to about six inches high. I enjoyed the first slice so much that I ate it all at one sitting.

How did I become such an expert in a few weeks? The secret is that if you start off with good tasty food, it's very difficult to spoil it. You can of course ruin it by tipping in too much salt or pepper or curry powder or garlic and so on. You can even make it taste like a poultice by adding too much sage and onions. But you can avoid the problem by increasing these tasty additives gradually until you find the level that you prefer.

If you are considering kids healthy recipes you have to find something that they are prepared to eat. The best solution is to teach them healthy cooking. Even if they ruin some food they'll doggedly eat their way through it because they made it.

Why put up with unhealthy fruit juice and carbonated drinks or chocolates for snacks? Teach the children that they are clever enough not to be tricked into all these nasty foods that make their friends get sick so often, and show them how to make snacks of fruit, and even peas or celery foraged from the garden.

I like to wander round a good organic garden and pick fruit and vegetables and herbs, and collect duck and poultry eggs, then invent natural healthy food recipes to go with whatever I've gathered. It's heart healthy but even better - it lessens the chance that I'll ever get cancer.

Why learn healthy recipes? It gives you the freedom to be healthy. You no longer care how toxic additive 211 happens to be - you don't use it.